The Fallout franchise already has some moments that are more tense and chilling than others, but there’s a mod for Fallout 4 that turns it into a full-on horror game. If you’ve ever been caught off guard by a ghoul, you haven’t seen anything yet.
PILGRIM – Dread the Commonwealth turns your regular old run of the mill Fallout 4 into a horror game that will probabally give you nightmares, regardless of your tolerance for nightmare fuel.
You can grab the mod right here, and if you do, here’s what you can expect from it:
- It’s inspired by the horror film The Witch, and takes a lot of their weather and atmospheric cues from said film.
- Along with new weather and sounds, the lighting has been designed from scratch for a creepy, horror vibe.
- This is made by the same people who made the mod Photorealistic Commonwealth, so you know they’re not playing around.
- The music dynamically adjusts based on the current weather in the game.
- Dogmeat has been re-textured to be creepy looking with glowing eyes, but in a future release he’s going to be replaced by a goat named Black Phillip, who looks like this:
Check out this preview, if you think you can stomach it, and show the mod creators some support for doing something totally different.