A brand new update has just dropped for FFXIV, with the patch notes for update 6.1 explaining how the game is now more approachable for solo players.
As an MMO, FFXIV can be a tricky nut to crack if you’re a solo player. Much of the content is best experienced in a friend group or as a guild. As such, solo players may have struggled to find their feet up until now.
However, the 6.1 update for FFXIV looks to change all of that. There’s adjustments to low-level scenarios, as well as a new Duty Support System. This lets users play through dungeons and trials with up to three other NPC characters for support.
At the moment, this only applies to 4-player scenarios from A Realm Reborn (2.0). The team at Square Enix is working to expand this new co-op system to other content and expansion packs soon.
FFXIV Update 6.1 – Full Patch Notes
As for everything else that’s changing in FFXIV, here are the 6.1 patch notes in full:
- Main Scenario Quests – Patch 6.1 will mark the start of a fresh chapter for the Warrior of Light, beginning a new storyline following the acclaimed Endwalker conclusion.
- New Role Quest – An additional story will become available after completing all Endwalker role quests.
- Duty Support System for A Realm Reborn – Players can now complete main scenario dungeons and trials from A Realm Reborn (2.0) with NPC party members.
- New Dungeon – Players will be able to access an additional dungeon in the Patch 6.1 main scenario quest.
- New Trial: The Minstrel’s Ballad: The Endsinger’s Aria – Players can experience a new Extreme Trial, The Minstrel’s Ballad: Endsinger’s Aria.
- Unreal Trial: Ultima’s Bane (Unreal) – Relive the battle against the mech of myth in this Unreal difficulty battle challenge.
- New Alliance Raid: Myths of the Realm – The first part in a new 24-player alliance raid, Myths of the Realm: Aglaia, will challenge players as they uncover more about the divinities known as the Twelve.
- New PvP Content: Crystalline Conflict – Crystalline Conflict is small-scale PvP available to all players level 30 and above. Patch 6.1 also includes PvP action updates and implements a new PvP rewards system.
- Empyreum Residential Area – Plots in Empyreum, the new Ishgardian residential district, are available for purchase.
- Adventurer Plates (beta version) – Create and customise character profiles and plate designs using Adventurer Plates. Character profiles can now include information like a player’s favourite job and title, player portraits, playstyle preference, active play times and more.
FFXIV Update 6.1 – Patch Notes Continued
- Portraits (beta version) – Capture the appearance of your Warrior of Light by customising poses, movements, camera angles, backgrounds, framing, lighting, and more. You may save a variety of different portraits and select one to be applied to your adventurer plate.
- The Unending Codex – An assortment of information on characters and terms up through Patch 6.0 will be added to player’s Collections as they progress through the Patch 6.1 main scenario, with new entries being added as the story unfolds.
- New Game+ Update – Players can now revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes and battles from Endwalker and a portion of Patch 6.1 while keeping their current character and levels.
- New Gear and Mounts: GARO Collaboration – PvP gear inspired by the hit Japanese TV show GARO returns with Patch 6.1. Players can earn special mounts and gear modelled after the show designed by legendary character designer Keita Amemiya. New jobs introduced in Shadowbringers and Endwalker can also equip this collaboration gear.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content and updates have been added with the launch of Patch 6.1, including job adjustments, new Hrothgar hairstyles, more glamour plates, the ability to try on items from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Store and more.
Will you be jumping into FFXIV after update 6.1? Let us know on Twitter!
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend to redeem for huge discounts! Also, sign up to our newsletter to be notified of new-gen console drops, deals, and more. Please note the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers only.
Featured Image Credit: Square Enix