Private DNS Android can come in very handy. When it comes to privacy on the internet, there are a few different options open to you to keep yourself covered. DNS, or Domain Name System, is a massive part of the network infrastructure that is responsible for translating domain names into IP addresses on your device.
Often ISP-provided DNS servers collect users’ browsing history and data to sell them to other companies. So, it is worth considering learning how to private DNS android devices.
Private DNS Android
This feature is only available on Android devices running Android 9.0 Pie or newer. The process below will generally work on your android device, though some settings may vary depending on model and version.
- Step 1: Navigate to the Settings app on your device.
- Step 2: Locate the sections named Connections or Network & Internet in your settings
- Step 3: Select More Connection Settings or Advanced to show more options.
- Step 4: Select Private DNS and then Private DNS Provider hostname.
- Step 5: From here, you can enter your desired custom Public DNS server. For example, you can enter in “1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com” and hit Save.
Your DNS should now be changed and private. You should make sure that the DNS server does support DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS for better security, and can use a VPN if you want to further protect yourself online. Hopefully, this guide has helped you start the process of ensuring your own privacy on your Android device.
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Keep the conversation going by heading over to our Facebook and Twitter pages. You can also find us on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Be sure to also check out our friends over on GameByte and Sporf.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend. Sign up to hear about exclusive deals, PS5 console drops, and more!
Featured Image Credit: Pexels