Knowing how to check for malware on Android is very important. If you are suspecting your Android device might have some sort of malware on it, either downloaded from a bad site or finding its way onto it some other way.
You will need to know how to check for malware on Android devices. Even if you are the safest person on the internet, you may want to ensure that you do not have any sort of malware or viruses on your device.
How To Check For Malware On Android
You will often need an app that will then scan your device when you first launch it. This will apply to all sorts of Android phones, so it will not depend on which one. There are plenty of free apps for you to use – Avast One is the one that we are using today for this tutorial.
- Step 1: Download Avast One on your Android device.
- Step 2: Launch the Avast One app on your mobile device.
- Step 3: On the launch window, there should be a button that says Get Started. Select this button.
- Step 4: There should then be a series of messages and the option to Go Premium, but you can select Continue with the free version at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 5: Select Run Smart Scan once you have the app set up. This smart scan will then check your phone for viruses and malware, as well as scan through any junk files and find other issues that may be on your device.
- Step 6: You will need to wait for this scan to be complete. It should only take a few minutes and there is a percentage there to show you. Once it is done, hopefully it will display a No Threats Found message, but otherwise it will show issues and prompts to remove these issues.
Now that you have a way to check for malware on your Android device, you can do a monthly scan or something similar, to ensure that your device is protected. It’s good to make sure that your device, especially if you use it for anything important, is protected and not full of anything harmful.
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Keep the conversation going by heading over to our Facebook and Twitter pages. You can also find us on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Be sure to also check out our friends over on GameByte and Sporf.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend. Sign up to hear about exclusive deals, PS5 console drops, and more!
Featured Image Credit: Pexels