You may need to learn how to reset iPad without password if you are locked out of your iPad for various reasons.
How To Reset iPad Without Password
You may have disabled your iPad, and there is nothing you can do further to fix it apart from factory resetting it. You will need to know how to reset iPad without password.
Via iTunes – How To Reset iPad Without Password:
You can reset your iPad without a password using iTunes. This will wipe all of the data and settings from your device.
- Step 1: Connect your iPad to your computer using a cable and open iTunes on your computer.
- Step 2: Put your iPad into recovery mode, then follow the process depending on the model of your iPad.
Home Button iPads – How To Reset iPad Without Password:
If your iPad has a home button, you will follow this process:
- Step 1: Locate and hold down the Home button on the top and the volume button on the side of your device, until the Power Off slider appears on your screen.
- Step 2: Drag the slider to turn off your iPad. Wait 30 seconds.
- Step 3: Hold down your top Home button, then release the Home button when you see iTunes state “iTunes has detected an iPad in Recovery Mode”.
Face and Touch ID iPads – How To Reset iPad Without Password:
If your iPad has Face ID, you will need to follow this process:
- Step 1: Locate the Home and Power buttons, then press and hold both buttons at the same time until the Power Off slider appears.
- Step 2: Drag the Power Off slider off to turn off your device.
- Step 3: Continue to hold down the Home button while your iPad connects to your computer.
- Step 4: Let go of your Home button when you see the recovery mode screen, which will show you are in DFU mode.
Then, no matter what device you are on, you will enter recovery mode and iTunes will show a window that asks if you want to restore or update your iPad. You will want to select Restore on your PC.
Via “Find My iPad”:
If you are having trouble or want to unlock your iPad in a different way, you can try to unlock your iPad using Find My iPad.
- Step 1: Open up your PC and go to iCloud.com
- Step 2: Using the same Apple ID and password you use on your iPad, log into iCloud.
- Step 3: Click Find iPhone when logged in, in the options menu.
- Step 4: Select All Devices at the top of the screen, and select the iPad you want to reset.
- Step 5: Select Erase iPad and click Erase. This will reset your iPad without a passcode.
With Another iOS Device:
If you do not have a computer, you can still reset your iPad without a passcode., you can still do this, though it’s much trickier. You will need another iOS device with the Find My app installed. Your iPad will need to have the Find My Feature turned on, and your iPad needs to be connected to the internet.
- Step 1: Open the Find My app using the secondary iOS device.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Devices tab and select your iPad from the list.
- Step 3: Scroll down and select Erase the Device.
- Step 4: Select Erase This DEVICE NAME
This will then reset your device, and you can set it up using a new password or passcode. You should now know how to reset iPad without passcode!
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Keep the conversation going by heading over to our Facebook and Twitter pages. You can also find us on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Be sure to also check out our friends over on GameByte and Sporf.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend. Sign up to hear about exclusive deals, PS5 console drops, and more!
Featured Image Credit: Apple