PlayStation Plus Premium is just one of the new three-tier subscription services available for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 in June. Combining both PlayStation Plus and Playstation Now, Sony fans can expect the following:
PlayStation Plus Premium Membership
- $17.99/€16.99/£13.49 a month
- $49.99/€49.99/£39.99 for three months
- $119.99/€119.99/£99.99 a year
- All features of PS Plus and PS Essentials
- 340 additional titles including PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Portable titles via cloud streaming and download. PS1, PS2, and PSP titles will all be downloadable.
- Limited-Time game demos
For countries that don’t support cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Premium will be known as PlayStation Plus Deluxe and set at a lower price point which is TBC.
PlayStation Plus Extra Membership
- $14.99/€13.99/£10.99 a month
- $39.99/€39.99/£31.99 for three months
- $99.99/€99.99/£83.99 a year
- All features of PS Essentials
- A library of 400 downloadable PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 games including both Spider-Man titles, God of War and many more.
More third party games and additional benefits will be announced at a later date according to Sony.
PlayStation Plus Essentials Membership
- $9.99/€8.99/£6.99 a month
- $24.99/€24.99/£19.99 for three months
- $59.99/€59.99/£49.99 a year
- Free monthly PlayStation Plus games
- Monthly discounts
- Online multiplayer
This is the standard PlayStation Plus membership we’ve all had for years, nothing much has changed here bar its name.
Check out our other PlayStation Plus content here
What happens to my previous PlayStation Now or PlayStation Plus subscription?
PlayStation Now users will be simply transferred over to the PlayStation Plus Premium at no extra charge as the new platform launches. PlayStation Plus subscribers will be enrolled into the PlayStation Plus Essentials membership, whereas subscribers to both will be added to the Premium tier at launch.
Jim Ross stated:
“With the all-new PlayStation Plus, we’re focused on delivering a compelling game subscription service with curated content from our exclusive PlayStation Studios team and our third-party partners.
“The newly enhanced PlayStation Plus will enable our fans to discover and engage with more content than ever before, and deepen their connection with the PlayStation community through shared experiences.”
Sony plans to roll out to key markets in Asia, followed closely by North America, Europe and other locations where PlayStation Plus operates. Sony has stated that they intend to be fully live with the new tier system by the tail end of Q2 2022.
We will update this article as more news follows.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend to redeem for huge discounts! Also, sign up to our newsletter to be notified of new-gen console drops, deals, and more. Please note the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers only.