If you are looking to use your Alexa powered devices to play music in your home, listen to your favourite podcast while cleaning, or maybe listen to an audiobook while taking a bath, you can easily do so.
It’s a quick and simple process that really feels like your home is levelled up and into the future. You just got to know how to use Alexa as a speaker in your home. Once your speaker is all set up, you’ll be sure to use it whenever.
If you are looking to use your Alexa device as a speaker, you will need to do so through Bluetooth, which is a simple process to set up. Once you have gone through the setup process, you can then use simple commands to continue to control and use your speaker.
How to use Alexa as a speaker
- Step 1: Ensure your mobile device has Bluetooth enabled in your settings.
- Step 2: Select the Alexa App, select Devices, and then select Echo & Alexa.
- Step 3: Choose the device you want to use as your speaker and select it.
- Step 4: Select Bluetooth Devices and then Pair it with a new Device. This will allow Alexa to search for any devices with Bluetooth enabled to pair with, and will show a list.
- Step 5: Select the device you want to pair with your Alexa, and then you are done!
If you are looking for a quicker way to use Alexa as a speaker, you can command your Alexa powered speaker by saying Alexa Pair or Alexa Bluetooth On, putting your Alexa into pairing mode. From there, your Alexa device should appear on your mobile phone, so that you can select it and pair it on your phone.
Once your Alexa speaker is connected, you can easily use commands like Alexa Connect to DEVICE to connect through Bluetooth or Alexa Disconnect from DEVICE to disconnect from the speaker. You won’t need to go through the whole process again!
Did you manage to set up Alexa as a speaker? Let us know on Twitter!
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend to redeem for huge discounts! Also, sign up to our newsletter to be notified of new-gen console drops, deals, and more. Please note the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers only.
Featured Image Credit: Pexels