If you just recently got a new iPhone, you may want to learn how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. Did you own an Android device previously? You’ll probably be looking to ensure all of your contact information isn’t lost.
It would be annoying to have to put every single person back on your phone one by one. So, you might be trying to find out how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. Let’s get into it.
How To Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone
Apple is very aware that people want to transfer their contacts from android to iOS and has actually created an app called Move to iOS. This is free to use app, which can only be used when setting up a new iPhone.
iOS App – How To Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone
If you have completed the setup of your iPhone, skip to part two of this guide. If you have not set up your iPhone, this app will move over your contacts, videos, web bookmarks, emails, calendars, free apps, messages, photos and more.
- Step 1: Download the Move to iOS app from the Google Play Store on your android device.
- Step 2: Turn on your new iPhone and begin the setup instructions.
- Step 3: Connect the Wi-Fi when prompted.
- Step 4: On the Apps & Data setup step, select Move Data from Android.
- Step 5: Take note of the security code on your iPhone.
- Step 6: Launch the Move to iOS app on your android phone and enter that security code.
- Step 7: Select the data you want to transfer, including your contacts.
If you have already set up your iPhone, that’s okay too! You can easily sync your iPhone contacts with your android phone by using your Google account. These steps are pretty generalized, though they may be slightly different due to different Android versions and manufacturer modifications.
- Step 1: Go to your Settings on your Android phone, then navigate to Accounts.
- Step 2: Select Google and Sync. This will then have a list of things you can sync with Google. Ensure that Sync Contacts is turned on.
- Step 3: Go to your iPhone and navigate to Settings.
- Step 4: Find Passwords & Accounts, then tap Add Account.
- Step 5: Add in your Google account and enable Contacts when you are setting up the account.
- Step 6: Once the account is set up on iPhone, your contacts will be on your device.
In this day and age, it’s pretty simple to ensure your contacts are in your newest phone. Having your contacts is always needed, and it’s pretty simple to get everything set up and brought over.
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Keep the conversation going by heading over to our Facebook and Twitter pages. You can also find us on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Be sure to also check out our friends over on GameByte and Sporf.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend. Sign up to hear about exclusive deals, PS5 console drops, and more!
Featured Image Credit: Pexels