If your iPad is getting a bit slow or if you are having issues with some apps, you may want to learn how to restart iPad.
Luckily, it’s a really simple and easy process. You often just need to know how to turn it off and on again, and then you will be back to playing on your favourite device.
How to Restart iPad
iPads have different restart processes depending on having a home button at the bottom of the screen or not. The entry-level 2021 iPad has one, but the button was phased out of Pro, Air, and Mini models starting in 2018.
No Home Button:
If your iPad has no Home button, you will want to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Find the volume button and top button on your device. Press and hold either the volume button or the top button.
- Step 2: When the Power Off slider appears, slide the slider.
- Step 3: Wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off completely.
- Step 4: Press and hold the top button on your device until the Apple Logo appears.
Your device has now been through a restart.
With A Home Button:
If your iPad has a Home Button, you will want to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Find the top button on your device. Press and hold down the top button until the Power Off slider appears.
- Step 2: Drag the slider to power off your device.
- Step 3: After 30 seconds, your device will be completely off. You can then press and hold the top button until the Apple Logo appears.
Your device is now restarted! It’s really that easy. It’s just a way of turning off and on your device, to give it a little restart.
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Keep the conversation going by heading over to our Facebook and Twitter pages. You can also find us on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Be sure to also check out our friends over on GameByte and Sporf.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend. Sign up to hear about exclusive deals, PS5 console drops, and more!
Featured Image Credit: Pexels