There are lots of reasons you may want to reset your iPad. You could need to reset it because it’s having issues or because you want to pass it on to a new family member.
Resetting your iPad will remove all of your data from the device, which is needed if you are getting rid of your device or if you have made a big error with it. So, do you want to know how to reset iPad?
There are various levels of resetting when it comes to your iPad, which we will go through below.
How to Reset iPad
First, you will want to consider a soft restart if your iPad is just acting slow or if you are having small issues. This will not erase all of your data and nothing will be deleted. It’s a pretty easy process as well.
- Step 1: Hold down the Power Button and Volume button until the Power Off slider appears on the iPad.
- Step 2: Drag the slider to turn off your iPad and wait 30 seconds for it to completely shut off.
- Step 3: Press and hold the power button again, to turn on your iPad and see if your issue is fixed.
If your iPad is frozen, you will want to force reset your iPad, which varies depending on the iPad you have. If you have an iPad that has a Home button, you will need to hold down the Power Button and Home Button at the same time until the iPad turns itself off and reboots.
Do not let go until you see the Apple Logo on the screen. If you do not have a home button on your iPad, you need to press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then do the same to the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button until your iPad restarts.
If you are giving away your iPad and want to get rid of all of your data, you can do a full, factory reset to your iPad.
- Step 1: Navigate to your Settings, then General, then Reset.
- Step 2: Select “Erase All Content and Settings”, then Erase iPad, then Confirm.
- Step 3: Your iPad should be restored to the original setup screen, where you can now set up your iPad as it’s reset.
That should be all of the different ways to reset your iPad, for whatever needs you may have.
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Keep the conversation going by heading over to our Facebook and Twitter pages. You can also find us on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Be sure to also check out our friends over on GameByte and Sporf.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend. Sign up to hear about exclusive deals, PS5 console drops, and more!
Featured Image Credit: Angele Kamp