When your Ring Doorbell’s battery starts to get low, you will be notified by your phone. You probably want to charge it so that the device can continue working, especially as the camera quality gets worse as the battery drains. That is probably why you are here, trying to figure out how to charge ring doorbell.
Thankfully, it is a pretty easy process and is something that you will be doing often when it comes to keeping your Ring functional. Though Ring batteries do last for quite some time, being able to charge your Ring back up is very much needed. So, let’s get into how to charge Ring Doorbell.
How to Charge Ring Doorbell
- Step 1: Locate your Micro-USB cable – an orange one is included with your Ring, but any micro-USB cable can work.
- Step 2: Unscrew the security screws on the base of the doorbell and remove them from the bracket.
- Step 3: Use the release tab to remove the battery from the Ring Doorbell.
- Step 4: Connect your Micro-USB charger to the charging port on the back of the battery, and plug in your charging cable.
- Step 5: Wait for the light on the battery to turn green, indicating the battery is fully charged.
- Step 6: Re-insert the battery into the Ring Doorbell by sliding it in.
- Step 7: Wait about 30 seconds for the Ring Doorbell to start up, then place it back onto the bracket and screw back in the screws.
If you find that your battery level inside your Ring app says that your battery pack is low on charge but your battery itself is glowing green, this is something that just has not been refreshed. You can simply push the button on your doorbell and let it Ring, which will then update the app and show the real charge of your doorbell.
Did you manage to charge your Ring doorbell? Let us know on Twitter!
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend to redeem for huge discounts! Also, sign up to our newsletter to be notified of new-gen console drops, deals, and more. Please note the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers only.
Featured Image Credit: Ring