Your business is your business. If you want to hide the apps that you have on your android device, for whatever reason, you do you. Adding a password to your phone can suffice for privacy, but if you are looking for something more, then there are some options. We are going to go through how to hide apps on Android, which should work for you and your privacy needs.
How to Hide apps on Android
If you are seriously looking to hide the apps on your Android device, without uninstalling and reinstalling an app every single time you want to use it, you are going to need to get a launcher. The Nova Launcher is a top pick, however you will need to purchase the premium version of the app in order to properly hide apps on your Android device. Otherwise, you can use the Apex Launcher which is free but is quite lacking in features and more challenging to use. This is a decision you need to make, but once you do have the Nova Launcher app purchased and installed, it’s a very easy process.
- Step 1: Download the Nova Launcher and Nova Launcher Prime.
- Step 2: Open the Nova Launcher app and set it as your default launcher.
- Step 3: Navigate to the Nova Settings in the app and select App Drawer.
- Step 4: Select Hide Apps and then check the box next to any apps you want to hide.
- Step 5: Once you have all your apps selected, close the launcher and your apps will be hidden.
The Nova Launcher app does do a bunch of other features, which can be useful.
You can also hide apps by disabling them, but this means that you won’t be able to use this app either. So it may not be worth disabling any apps you want to have just tucked away, out of sight. If you are looking to hide some of the pre-installed apps on your phone that you cannot delete, this is the option for you.
- Step 1: Open Settings on your phone and then select Apps.
- Step 2: Select See All Apps and locate the app you want to hide.
- Step 3: Select Disable and then Disable app to hide your app from view.
Again, this will mean that you can no longer use the app, however, it’s great for those pesky apps that you cannot actually delete! Hopefully, with your apps now hidden, you can have some peace of mind while using your android device.
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend to redeem for huge discounts! Also, sign up to our newsletter to be notified of new-gen console drops, deals, and more. Please note the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers only.
Featured Image Credit: PExels