Cory Barlog, the director of God of War, has revealed some more information about the new game which was announced during Sony’s press conference at E3. He talked to Geoff Keighley during the YouTube Live broadcast.
Here are some key points of the discussion:
- Although the storyline will continue within the Norse Mythology, the gameplay will get a brand new look.
- The players will have to play as Kratos throughout the whole game.
- The storyline of the game continues with Norse Mythology. However, the game play will get a change.
- The game begins several years after God of War 3.
- The game will provide an intimate and player-controlled experience.
- Although the gameplay gets an overhaul, the accessibility will remain the same.
- More details will be revealed later on more added characters in the game.
- Barlog said that the game will not release this year but it’ll release ‘soon’.
- Although God of War is not an open world game, it’s huge.
- There will be a change in the inclusion of quicktime events from the previous installments.
You can have a look at the announcement trailer of the game below: