New Vegas is Backwards Compatible
Good news for Fallout fans. Obsidian’s Fallout: New Vegas is now available for backwards compatibility on Xbox One. Prepare to return to the Mojave Wasteland as the beloved would-be dead mailman, if not for the Securitron, Victor, digging you up.
Along with New Vegas, 7 other less known games were also added to the Xbox One library:
- D&D: Chronicles of Mystara
- Blood Knights
- Red Faction Battlegrounds
- Joe Danger
- Crystal Quest
- Comic Jumper
- I Am Alive
Still widely desired, yet unannounced for backwards compatibility are Red Dead Redemption, Black Ops 2, and Bioshock. At least this time around, we got New Vegas, which now brings all three Bethesda title Fallout games to Xbox One.
Fallout 4 DLC Launch
The Contraptions DLC was launched a few days ago. True to it’s name, it includes many different “contraptions” to help bring life to your settlements. You can now become a manufacturing plant for weapons, armor, and a ton of other junk, including teddy bears, lunchboxes, and Giddy-up Buttercup toys. Yay!
You can also create Rube Goldberg machines with the many different pieces Bethesda has included. They also come with different power controlling pieces. Along the same idea, new switches that are very specific in their uses have also been added. It seems Bethesda is encouraging almost Minecraft-like building.
PS4 Mods Update
Users can now upload PS4 Mods to the Bethesda website, but there’s some problems that are affecting the use of the mods in the closed beta. The PS4 has a mod storage limit of 900 MB’s, which is believed to be the source of the problem.
Fallout 4 Update 1.5.4
The new update to Fallout 4 has been rolled out for PC and will be available for PS4 and Xbox One next week. Below are the new features and bug fixes.
- Increased space for Mod text on Mod details page for improved readability
- Load Order menu now displays text about each Mod when highlighted
- Most Popular filter now toggles between Daily, Weekly and All Time (defaults to Daily)
- Reporting categories added when reporting a mod
- Load Order menu displays options to Disable or Delete All Mods
- Count of ratings now appears on Mod details page
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issue with weapons and armor losing mods and Legendary status when removed from armor and weapon racks (Contraptions)
- Improved stability when reinitializing with certain mods loaded
- Mod menu will check available space before starting mod downloads
- Fixed issue with certain mods not downloading properly
- Fixed issue with certain mods not appearing properly in the Load Order menu.