Source: Bethesda Softworks
Here’s our Fallout 4: Automatron DLC guide. Automatron, Fallout 4’s first DLC was launched a couple of weeks ago and it is really impressive. Automatron allows you to create your own robotic companions or modify them to fight against other robotic enemies, which comes along the DLC.
The DLC has a lot to offer and sometimes it might be confusing for you to keep track of everything. So, we have prepared a Fallout 4: Automatron DLC guide which will ease your woes and direct you through the right path.
The guide will teach you about developing your own robot, finding robot mods, tesla armor, rifle, Holotape, salvaged assaultron head and robot helmets. The guide also includes the details of every achievement and trophy available in the DLC.
Fallout 4: Automatron DLC Guide: How to Access Automatron
- The first thing you’ll need to do is to buy Automatron. The DLC is available as part of the Season Pass or you can buy it for $10 separately.
- Download the DLC after all the necessary updates of the files of the game.
- Start the game on main menu after the DLC is downloaded. Don’t load the saved game and go to the Add Ons section in the menu. Automatron should already be featured there and in case you don’t see it there just exit the game, sign out, sign back in and start the game once again.
- After getting out of Vault 111, listen to the suitable distress signal on your radio. Make sure you hear the whole message at least once as it will add a quest to your quest log. You might like to wait for some time before taking up the quest as they are very high leveled.
- Your next step would be locating the assault. It will not be always marked on your map, so go near Wattz Consumer Electronics, which is located in the North of the Institute and the ruins of CIT.
- This will start the questline and you will be allowed to access the contents of Automatron.
How to Create Robots
One of the greatest things in Automatron is Robot creation. The DLC allows you to create your own robotic friends by retrieving parts from the enemy robots. You can make your robots easily by using the following methods.
- Try to invest on perks like Blacksmith, Science and Robotic Expert. These things will make robot creation easier for you.
- The first Automatron Quest, Mechanical Menace needs to be completed in order to unlock the Robot Work Bench.
- Listen to the robot Ada after completing Mechanical Menace and once she completes talking, you get the chance to create your Robot Work Bench. You’ll definitely need to have all the required materials to create the bench.
- You can start creating new robots or customize the existing ones (including Ada, Curie and Codsworth) once the Robot Work Bench is created.
- More robotic parts can be obtained and used by destroying robotic enemies.
You can only create a basic robot to start with. You’ll need the following components to create a basic robot.
- Rubber x 6
- Circuitry x 6
- Ceramic x 9
- Aluminum x 11
- Adhesive x 8
You can get these components by dismantling the junk initially. You can get these parts from enemy robots later on.
You can only create basic robots likewise. If you want enhanced robotic buddies you’ll need mods.
How to Apply Mods In Robots
You are only allowed to create basic robots using robot creation, but if you fit them with mods they’ll become more enhanced and powerful. Here’s how you can find mods –
- The robotic enemies drop the mods
- You can duplicate a mod as much as you want once you get one mod.
- Don’t try to acquire robot mods from Synths, Assaultrons, and Protectrons as they do not drop mods often enough.
- Review and make sure that it is what you want before applying a mod on a robot.
Tesla Armor And Rifle
The Tesla armor is an alternative to the T-60 armor from the base game. The new power armor comes with a special Tesla rifle, a weapon which can be very handy for players with poor aiming skills.
You will find the Tesla armor and the Tesla rifle in the Headhunting quest. First of all, you’ll need to find Jezebel after dealing with Ahab and then go inside the facility and fight Ivey in a power armor. Once you defeat Ivey, you get the Tesla armor torso, arm pieces and the Tesla rifle.
Automatron also brings in a Holotape game which is named after itself. You will need to survive against a never ending wave of enemies in the game. Have a look at the video below to find out why the game is better than most of the modern games.
Thanks Father for the video.
Salvaged Assaultron Head
The Salvaged Assaultron Head is Automatron’s rarest and most powerful legendary weapon which can be found in Fort Hagen while playing the headhunting quest.
The video below unfolds more details about the weapon. Thanks Father.
You can find Robot Helmets in Fort Hagen by doing the Headhunting quest. The helmet can be retrieved from the bodies of the Rust Devils.
Have a look at the video about Robot Helmet by Father below.
Achievements and Trophies
Fallout 4: Automatron has its own Trophies or Achievements and they add up to the base game. You can add five new Achievements/Trophies in Automatron.
They can be achieved in the following way.
- Complete Mechanical Menace
- Complete Headhunting
- Complete Restoring Order
- Unlock 10 Robot Mods
The video below details the Robot Hunter achievement. Video credits: Belief iNeed
The Most Toys
- Build 10 Robot Mods
Have a look at the video below to know more about The Most Toys Achievement. Thanks KloakaTV.
How to Beat The Mechanist
Fallout 4: Automatron DLC has a boss battle and your enemy is a robot called the Mechanist. The sequence is rather difficult to complete unless you have a sound strategy and the fight is really well laid out. The video below shows you a decent way of going about the battle and coming out as the winner.
We hope you enjoyed our Fallout 4: Automatron DLC Guide. If you’ve any game specific requests for future guides. Be sure to comment below and let us know.