Dark Souls 2 just received the latest patch update for North America and Europe. If you’re looking to fix the bugs and UI glitches among other issues, you’ll want to hop on the latest version 1.03 update along with the calibration 1.04 update.
From Software has released the patch already in Asia this week and it’s now just hitting North America and Europe. Both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 will be receiving the patch and it promises to fix several issues players may have been receiving.
You can check out the patch notes thanks to redditor OpTic_Niko.
- Failing to create Multiplayer session no longer disables use of online items, such as White Soapstone.
- Players now receive a small portion of Humanity after successfully assisting in a Multiplayer session instead of regaining full Humanity.
- Starting boss fight with the Looking Glass Knight while summoning other players no longer cancels the summoning process.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some bloodstains, illusions, and messages from being displayed.
- Fixed an issue where “Unable to participate in Multiplayer Session” could constantly appear.
- Fixed some instances where the portrait of the person you were summoning was different than the actual character.
- You will no longer be able to take off Covenant rings while being summoned.
- Fixed an issue that would cause some summoned players to fall through the ground at Earthen Peak.
- Optimized Start Menu and Bonfire Menu performance.
- Trophy icon for “Holder of the Fort” has been fixed.
- Controller now vibrates when blocking an attack
- Other Fixes
- Bug involving Drangleic Castle door not opening has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Souls to be lost upon death with the Ring of Life Protection equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused some players to fall through elevators while using Binoculars and Magic simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue causing some enemies being hit by arrows at long distances receive 0 damage.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Brotherhood of Blood duels from starting properly.
- Added a message for players that displays after entering the coffin in Things Betwixt
- Fixed an issue where all of the items and objects in an area would reset (Without using a Bonfire Ascetic).
- Fixed an issue that didn’t unlock some items from vendors on 2nd and beyond playthrough.
- Fixed an issue causing the requirements for the Brotherhood of Blood Covenant be 50 too high.
- Licia’s conditions for moving have been optimized.
CALIBRATION 1.04 NOTES
- Throwing motion for Acid Urns changed to heavy throwing motion; effects of acid toned down.
- Durability of Twin Blade category improved.
- Moonlight Great Sword revised to be non-enchantable, attack speed reduced.
- Gyrm Warrior’s Greathelm weight, poise and defense increased.
- Ring of Thorns damage reduced.
- Old Sun Ring damage reduced.
- Soul Spear and Crystal Soul Spear revised to pierce and damage multiple enemies.
- Soul Great Sword casting time revised.
- Stamina reduction (on enemy) of Homing Soul Mass, Homing Crystal Soul Mass and Affinity reduced and bullet speed increased.
- Soul Geyser damage reduced.
- Healing spell casting speed adjusted to be slower.
- Wrath of God damage effect period shortened.
- Firestorm, Fire Tempest, Chaos Storm, Flame Swathe and Forbidden Sun damages reduced.
- Firestorm, Fire Tempest and Chaos Storm duration time increased.
- Defense of Lucatiel, Bellclaire, Benhart and Tark increased.
- Health of exploding undead reduced.
- Homing capability of spells casted by White Undead Sorcers and Amana Priestesses reduced.
- Fire ball spitting frequency of Fire Lizards reduced.
- Shockwave duration period caused by the attacks of Hammer Wielders (probably ones in Earthen Peak?) reduced.
- Last Giant damage reduced.
- Lost Sinner health and damage reduced.
- Royal Rat Authority damage reduced.
- Duke’s Dear Freja’s laser breath damage reduced.
- NG+ Lost Sinner pyromancers health and damage reduced.
- NG+ Flexile Sentry shadow assassins health and damage reduced.